Monday, October 14, 2013

Six Word Memoirs De-brief


What did I learn about storytelling? 
I found that depending on the word choices and punctuation you can easily tell a story, it's up to the reader to make the detail and go beyond what is shown. I learnt that it wasn't easy to come up with six words on the spot and it took a while to figure out the right words to use to fit in for the story you are trying to tell. To me a story was always something more then six words and had plenty of detail. I learnt now that it may not have plenty of detail or a main point that you can tell right away but you can still tell a story in just six words.

Where did I show my knowledge about using storytelling skills? 

I showed my knowledge using storytelling skills by trying not to use simple words that could have various meanings. I wanted the words to fit properly in each memoir. I also showed my knowledge by the punctuation. The punctuation helped give effect to my six words and tell the story better. Even though there was six words I still tried to use as much punctuation as possible to try and tell the story better. I also learnt that the picture I choose makes a big impact for a better understanding of the six words.

What did I learn as a reader, writer, thinker, storyteller?

As a reader I learnt you can make out a full story with six words. It can be easy yet difficult to fully understand what the words are trying to portray. As a writer I learnt that stories can be told in six words or six pages. It takes time to find the right words to write the story you want readers to understand. As a thinker I learnt you have to really look past the words and go beyond whats in from of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment