1.Talk about the process of eavesdropping:
i. We walked all around the hallways following different groups of people. Stayed inside the school.
ii.Not very long because it was hard to understand the conversations and people walked fast
iii. Two girls-most likely friends
iv.we felt very out of place while eavesdropping on these girls
2. What insight did you gain about the way people think?
-Some people talked very quietly or stopped talking when we approached them and some people talked very loud and didn't even notice
3. How can you apply this to your writing?
-We could make our characters have conversations about everyday things like what we heard.
4. How is personality and character revealed through conversation and dialogue?
-by the tone they use
-by the volume of their voice
-by their language
5. What happens when more than 2 people participate in a conversation?
-It gets harder to keep up with and there are more opinions.
6. What was the most surprising thing you've learned about the way people converse?
-we were surprised at how loud people were talking and how they didn't seem to care about the surroundings
7. What's the differences and similarities between written and spoken conversation?
-In written conversation you can't tell the tone of voice so you don't really know how they feel about what they're saying unlike in spoken conversation.
-I'm spoken conversations you can easily change the subject and can get distracted.
-Both conversations in spoken and written form can be about very random topics
Erin, Shelby, Alaya